Monday, January 16, 2012

Website of the Week-1

3 Ways to Spark Your Job Search Using QR Codes
1) QR code of a business card, I have never heard of this but I definitely think this would get you noticed. When we looked at these in class I was blown away by the idea. People who have smartphones love to have applications for every task, after reading this article I downloaded the application to read the QR codes.
2) I have been hearing lately more about employers searching Facebook pages and other social networking sites to learn insight to a persons, personality, habits, and the character of a person. Rather than just knowing their qualifications the employers want to know the person and their family. This QR code is a perfect way to lead them to a blog that not only displays their portfolio but it could also give more personal information about the person.
3) Include the QR code and your URL into your header on your resume. This way it will capture their attention however if they don't have a smartphone they can still access your blog.
4) Optimize your blog so that it can be viewed on a mobile device.
5) Also have a QR code on your business card with contact information encouraging people who have received your business card to actually contact you.

No comments:

Post a Comment